While Phi Gamma Delta was founded in 1848 by the above "Immortal Six", the Tau Chi chapter was colonized at TCU in 1978 and chartered in 1980. The TCU chapter was founded by a group of proactive men at the Old South Pancake House in Fort Worth, which has been a cornerstone of the Fort Worth community since 1962. After much deliberation and support, our founders were able to add another chip to Phi Gamma Delta's historic and ever-growing legacy.
Phi Gamma Delta exists to promote lifelong friendships, to reaffirm high ethical standards and values and to foster personal development in the pursuit of excellence. Phi Gamma Delta is committed to providing opportunities to each brother to develop responsibility, leadership, scholarship and social skills to become a fully contributing member of society.
All members of FIJI at TCU are at this university to get a world-class education first and foremost, which is emphasized in our three priorities as a chapter and international fraternity: